Trusted Since 1972
Here are the 12 steps to help with alcoholism.
- We admitted that we were powerless over alcohol, that our lives had become unmanageable.
- We came to the conviction that a Higher Power can restore us to sanity.
- We decided to place our wills and our lives in the care of God as we understood Him.
- Without fear, we made a thorough moral inventory of ourselves.
- We admitted before God, before ourselves, and before another human being, the exact nature of our defects.
- We were entirely willing to let God deliver us from all these defects of character.
- We humbly asked Him to free us from our defects.
- We made a list of all those whom we had offended and were willing to make amends to them.
- We directly repaired as many of us as possible of the damage caused, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- We continued to take our personal inventory and when we were wrong we immediately admitted it.
- We sought, through prayer and meditation, to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, asking Him only to let us know His will for us and give us the strength to fulfill it.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.